Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 4520s Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)

I want to buy some hp printer on the secondary market (flea market).

jet.

I don't see any point in buying newer versions. I want to buy an ancient one.

which one specifically? Will I find cartridges for it? will it work with windows xp or windows 7?

thank you

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

hey, I'll buy cartridges (paints).

that is, I will supply HP with money.

why don't they answer?

HP Recommended

My best advise is purchase an older laser printer. You have a higher chance of getting a working unit rather than a dud that someone is unloading because the heads are clogged and cost of repair exceeds replacement cost. Also ensure you get one that is not a GDI (host based) printer.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

You say that the head of the inkjet printer is dry.

but as far as I know the head is inside the ink cartridge.

When replacing a cartridge, the head changes.

Which ancient HP inkjet printer should I buy? 

Will I find cartridges for it? will it work with windows xp or windows 7?

HP Recommended

what is the difference between deskjet and envy series?

As I understand it, envy is capable of double-sided printing - that's the difference. right?

photo_2024-04-12_12-21-51.jpg

HP Recommended

I would need exact models to tell you that. different series such as Envy will have different models with different features. Not all models have the printhead attached to the cartridge. Many of the office jet products have a permanent printhead and the only thing that is changed is the ink reservoir. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

HP ENVY 110 (2011 year).

I know that I can use a cable to control this printer.

Then could I turn off the wireless networks in this printer? How?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.