Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5052

I've had my  printer HP Envy All in one 5052 for about a year now and it's a great printer.  The only thing now is I can't automatically photocopy 2 sided anymore.   It prints 2 sided but will no longer copy 2 sided. This printer supports 2 sided copying.  I've tried rebooting it and installing updates and still nothing.  There used to be an option on the  touchscreen of the printer for 2 sided copy now it disappeared.  Its driving me crazy.  Please help me fix it.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @lesh2004,

I'd like to help!

Copy on both sides of a page using the 2-Sided Copying setting available on supported printers.

NOTE: 

If your printer does not support two-sided copying, you can manually copy on both sides. Make a copy of the first side, and then load the copy into the paper tray. Make a test copy of the other side to confirm which edge of the copy to load first and which side faces up.

Use the scanner glass (printers with a touchscreen)

Make two-sided copies from the flatbed scanner glass. The printer prompts you to flip the pages during the process.

1. Touch Copy or Copy Document on the printer control panel.

2. Touch Settings or the gear icon  to view more copy settings.

3. Open the 2-Sided Copying menu, and then do the following to enable the feature depending on your printer model.

• Touch On or select the box next to the setting name.

• Touch the menu to display a list of two-sided copying options. You might need to scroll down the display screen to see all options. Use the 2 - 2 Sided option to copy a two-sided original or use 1 - 2 Sided to copy two one-sided originals to make one two-sided copy.

4. Depending on the printer, touch Start, or return to the main Copy screen by touching Back, and then touch Start Black, Start Color, or OK to start the copy job.

5. Load the second side of the page onto the scanner glass when prompted.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.