Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have since loaded and reloaded printer drivers, software etc. 10 plus times. I

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

First, be sure to unplug the printer and plug its power back and power on the printer.

Please right-click the Start menu and select Run, type Control Printers and press OK.

Double-click the printer icon and select HP Smart.

Double-click the printer icon at the top and press on Advanced Settings.

Open the Settings tab.

Select Restore and then Restore Factory Defaults, be sure to confirm any prompt and the printer will restart.

Now, press and hold the cancel button for 3 seconds, does the printer starts to print?

If the printer is connected wirelessly, you would need to reconfigure its wireless connection:

Open any wirelessly connected device and make sure it is connected to your home network.

Open the HP Smart app and click the plus sign, Setup your printer if it is listed, if not press Setup and Add a new printer or Add Printer and follow the steps on screen to reconnect the printer.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I put new cartridges in. Tells me its low on ink. I have it connected USB only. HP solutions will not acknowledge cartridge change . I DO NOT WANT HP INK SERVICE. Also, printer is not showing up in applications or software. It is on my desktop though. It's also showing that it's registered. This is the worst experience I've ever had with a printer. I just want the printer to work. Also the printer sounds like it's going to print. Then, nothing happens.

HP Recommended

Hi,

First, be sure to unplug the printer and plug its power back and power on the printer.

Please right-click the Start menu and select Run, type Control Printers and press OK.

Double-click the printer icon and select HP Smart.

Double-click the printer icon at the top and press on Advanced Settings.

Open the Settings tab.

Select Restore and then Restore Factory Defaults, be sure to confirm any prompt and the printer will restart.

Now, press and hold the cancel button for 3 seconds, does the printer starts to print?

If the printer is connected wirelessly, you would need to reconfigure its wireless connection:

Open any wirelessly connected device and make sure it is connected to your home network.

Open the HP Smart app and click the plus sign, Setup your printer if it is listed, if not press Setup and Add a new printer or Add Printer and follow the steps on screen to reconnect the printer.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended
  Enabled
This is the message it gave me.  The printer did not print after following instructions to reset printer. 
The settings have been saved successfully. However, communication between the browser and the printer has been lost.

To reconnect, make sure:

- The computer and the printer are on the same network.
- The printer's IP address is correct. Open a new browser window, and then enter the printer's IP address.

Tip: To obtain the printer's IP address, print the network configuration page. Also, you might be able to view the IP address from the printer's display. For more information, see the documentation provided with the printer. Do I leave the USB cord plugged in when trying to go wireless with the printer? I added this printer and set it as the default printer. Printer will not print a test page. This is the default printer #HPC78E1D (HP deskjet 2700 series) I have the USB cord plugged in. 

HP Recommended

I tried resetting printer. It didn't work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.