Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8035e
macOS 10.14 Mojave

The HP Utility for my new 8035e printer doesn't show the printer though I installed all required HP and Apple software, When I try to ad the printer manually, I get: "The device at this address is not supported. Updating HP Utility or using other HP software that is designed to support this device may solve the problem." Should I return to printer to the vendor at once or is 

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@Hirsch1, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

To assist you better, why are you trying to use the HP Utility?

Are you able to print and scan from the Mac?

Let us try these steps:

Update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your Mac.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Also, check for any software updates on Mac

Click the Apple icon > About This Mac > Software Update and install any available update.

Use the HP Smart app to print and scan from your Mac. All the features and options on the Utility can be found on this app.

Download it from the App Store.

Perform a ping test to check the connectivity

1. Obtain the IP address of the printer by clicking on the Wireless icon on the printer
  2. On the MAC Go to Spotlight > search for Network utility > select Ping tab > enter the IP address of the printer in the box
  3. Check the second box that says Send only > 10 pings
  4. Click on ping > Check the results at the end if any packets are lost
  5. Note: There should be 0% packet loss, share the results in your next post.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

All done.

--- 10.0.1.22 ping statistics ---

10 packets transmitted, 10 packets received, 0.0% packet loss

round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 2.072/3.186/3.762/0.538 ms

The problem is persisting: HP Utility doesn't see the printer.

HP Recommended

Further to this, I uninstalled all HP software and did a clean install. The printer is still invisible in the HP Utility.

HP Recommended

@Hirsch1

To assist you better, why are you trying to use the HP Utility? It is not a part of the HP printer driver anymore.

Are you able to print and scan from the Mac?

Use the HP Smart app to print and scan from your Mac. All the features and options on the Utility can be found on this app.

Download it from the App Store.

Alternatively, you may also use the AirPrint driver to print.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don't see any documentation saying HP Utility is no longer required on Mac to access Digital Fax. The software still installs the utility and it worked fine for me with the 2 previous printers I had on my network just before buying the 8035e a few days before. As it is, the printheads gave out otherwise I would have kept them.

HP Recommended

@Hirsch1

Click here to download the HP Utility.

Follow the steps from this document. If this does not help, proceed to the next step.

Kindly follow the steps from this document and check if this helps - Mobile fax

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did as suggested. At the step where is says "Mac: In HP Utility, under Fax Settings, click Digital Fax Archive", the utility opens but doesn't see the printer. When I try to add the printer address manually, I get: "The device at this address is not supported. Updating HP Utility or using other HP software that is designed to support this device may solve the problem." All in all, it's the same problem I'm reporting since I started this post. I'd say "G-5_14_6" isn't the right version hp-printer-essentials for the 8035 series "updating HP Utility". The next step you suggest, Mobile Fax, is not acceptable at all because it only sends faxes. I don't need to send faxes, I need to receive faxes as pdf into my email account as I used to with the HP 8610 until the printerhead gave out last month.

What do you suggest next to update the HP Utility to work with the 8035?

HP Recommended

@Hirsch1

I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team.

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region for further assistance. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Case has been submitted, but...

My case has been closed without explanation and without any help with the problem at hand. What kind of customer service is this for a new printer that isn’t working properly??? Please find enclosed the HP “closure”:

Your case has been closed. Please note that if materials are being sent to you, this notification confirms that these materials have been ordered. 

Case Number [Personal Information Removed]- Closed

Hirsch1_0-1633969534008.png

HP Reference Number:

[Personal Information Removed]

Product Description:      

HP OfficeJet Pro 8035e All-in-One Printer

Product Number:     

1L0H7A 

Serial Number:   

[Personal Information Removed]

Case Subject

HP Utility for 957331 printer (8035e)

Portal Case URL:     

Click Here

Sincerely,

HP Customer Support

For additional assistance with your HP product and services please visit support.hp.com/contact-hp

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.