Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9015e All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After 3 hours of working on this issue last night I am very frustrated! My printer has connected to the wireless internet in my new apartment. My computer is connected. The two devices will NOT async up. I followed the instructions on here to delete the device from my saved printer devices. I deleted the HP app and reloaded it. The device that shows says “Direct HP Printer 9015 serial” but then my computer will tell me the printer is offline. What gives?? I even used USB/ISB C cord to connect the devices and the printer is still not connected. What a waste of money!! Help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Spence111 

Welcome to the HP User Community.

@Spence111 wrote:

After 3 hours of working on this issue last night I am very frustrated!

My printer has connected to the wireless internet in my new apartment.

My computer is connected.

The two devices will NOT async up.

I followed the instructions on here to delete the device from my saved printer devices.

I deleted the HP app and reloaded it.

The device that shows says “Direct HP Printer 9015 serial” but then my computer will tell me the printer is offline.

What gives?? I even used USB/ISB C cord to connect the devices and the printer is still not connected. What a waste of money!! Help!

True - the Offline condition must be cleared.

Use this guide to correct the issue:

HP printer is offline or not responding

Additional Information

Do you have "Wireless Internet" that you control, that is, do you have an ISP (Internet Service Provider) and a router?

If yes, then both computer and printer can generally connect to your SSID named network that controls your Wireless.

The "Direct" message seems to indicate the printer is connected to Wi-Fi Direct.

Wi-Fi Direct is a Wireless connection directly between the printer and the computer (no router / network).

If you don't need Wi-Fi Direct and do not intend (or need) to use it, toggle the setting OFF on the printer display panel.

What?

Generally you can run Wi-Fi Direct and standard Wireless (ISP / router controlled network) - it is not always needful to do that.

That said, there is a document notice about this model series:

HP Tango, OfficeJet 8010, Pro 8020, 8030, 9010, 9020 Printers - Printer Frequently Disconnects from ...

This document is for HP OfficeJet 8010, 8012, 8013, 8015, 8022, OfficeJet Pro 8020, 8022, 8023, 8024, 8025, 8026, 8028, 8035, 9010, 9012, 9013, 9014, 9015, 9016, 9018, 9019, 9020, 9022, 9023, 9025, 9026, 9028, Tango, and Tango X printers.

If the printer is on a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi connection and frequently disconnects, make sure Wi-Fi Direct is enabled.

What else?

HP+ Printer

IF you have enabled HP+ service, the printer must be connected to the Internet as part of the HP+ service requirements.

and

IF you have enabled HP+ service,

Consider:

Contact HP+ Support for help.

Printer and  HP+ service

Contact HP+ Support

OR

>>> Open your HP+ Printer Homepage > Exclusive HP+ Help > Click Contact Us link in the Orange box

Note that HP+ assistance is only available for registered HP+ printers.

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), Supplies, and more

Open

HP OfficeJet Pro 9015e All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.