Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
N/A

I need advice on which is the best all-in-one printer that can handle 80lb paper and of course, everyday normal home office printing.  I've seen some articles that say they should be top-load only, some that say inkjet is best...everything has different opinions and I'm getting lost in the sauce.  Help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ShariBari 

80lb paper does not translate directly to gsm unless you know the exact paper type.

ISO standards govern paper type manufacturing and the equivalent weight for that type of paper.

It's easy to find a chart / guide on the 'net - and it can be confusing at first because you need to know about the different kinds of paper to make any reasonable assumptions about "your paper".

The magic is sometimes in the packaging.

If the package indicates both the lb weight and the gsm weight, you can find whether the printer supports that paper.

Paper a big subject - not easily put in fifty words or less.. I know because I've tried and failed to do so.  Smiling.

So, ignore the details for the moment...

Printers... Which printer??

Start at the top of the line - even if the printer is out of your price range.

See what's available and go from there.

Read carefully - if you get stuck, ask about "that printer" or open the printer's website support page and read the User Guide for the printer.  (Yes, know - but it can be worth your time.)

At the Store, open the Tech Specs to see details on a printer you like.

Reminder:  With printers you get what you pay for.

HP Online Store – USA

Not your HP store?  Scroll to the bottom of the website and click the Flag to change regions.

Customer Service - Examples

For example:  Self-Help Service, Account, Security and Privacy, Tracking, Change Order, Returns and Cancellations, FAQ, Shopping, Shipping and delivery, Rebates / Coupons, Product Support, Parts and services

=================================================================

Two examples of nice printers

This printer supports 80 lb / 300 gsm photo paper.

It has a photo tray that accommodates small photo paper and a main tray for other paper sizes supported by the printer.

Some people like photo trays...

Datasheet - HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-in-One Printer 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This printer supports many (most / all?) of the key features important to an active office environment, including single pass 2-sided Scanning and Printing (nice), and Digital Filing options.   It supports photo paper to 280 gsm).

Printer supports / includes two full size trays, one of which (Tray 2) supports all the various paper sizes supported for the printer and the various paper types supported.

Datasheet - HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 All-in-OnePrinter 

Caveats:

• I admit to being biased.  I have an HP Officejet Pro 9025 printer (purchased from HP new in 2019).
  • Be careful, the "9010" series is not the same caliber as the 9020 series printers.

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Product Home

Enter the type and name of your HP device

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.