cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Macuser1789
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 38
Flag Post

Solved!

Big Sur and Laserjet P1102

HP Recommended
Laserjet P1102

I installed Big Sur version 11.0.1on my laptop.

After this, my Laserjet P1102 stopped working. There are no drivers available for it, and HP Easy Start doesn't work. I get the message: "We were unable to automatically locate any software option for this product......."

Has anyone found a solution or there a timeline from HP when the issue will get resolved?

37 REPLIES 37
lucalake
Level 1
4 4 0 4
Message 2 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I call the apple support and after 2 hours there is again the problem. The apple support tell me to ask at HP the new driver, we need to wait HP resolution

0 Kudos
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
30,755 30,472 5,264 12,216
Message 3 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please follow below version of HP Easy Start, as soon as it launches open the top HP Easy Scan menu and select Uninstall HP Software.

Follow the steps on screen and then click on Set Up New Device and follow the steps to reinstall the printer:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/ASU/HP_Easy_St...

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
lucalake
Level 1
4 4 0 4
Message 4 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

it is the first I try with you software but afer recognize the print I see the next message:

it is not possible to automatically detect new softwate options for this product. Go to the hp website to search for product solutions.

You can tell me another solution, I try by system preference to add with manual add and configure with hp laserjet series PCL 4/5 but don't print....

Spips
3 3 0 1
Message 5 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue (Laserjet P1102 not working when I moved to Big Sur) and the proposed solution does not work

lucalake
Level 1
4 4 0 4
Message 6 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

there is another way to install the print? I need to use and the toner is new, I don't wont put in the waste my print.

0 Kudos
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
30,755 30,472 5,264 12,216
Message 7 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Let's try installing below drivers:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentialss/ASU/HewlettPac...

Once completing the installation, power on the printer and connect it to your Mac, then open System Preferences > Printers & Scanners.

Select your printer and then select the printer model within the Use drop-down menu, then check if you may print.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
lucalake
Level 1
4 4 0 4
Message 8 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Perfect! now it's work! be carefull when I try to install the mac it write me : the software there is the malware. But is not true.

I go in the control panel privacy and secure and manual sblock the program.

thank you!

Spips
3 3 0 1
Message 9 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It worked, thanks so much.

0 Kudos
Spips
3 3 0 1
Message 10 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, you are right, Mac blocs the installation and one needs to over-ride this.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation