Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Laserjet P1102

I installed Big Sur version 11.0.1on my laptop.

After this, my Laserjet P1102 stopped working. There are no drivers available for it, and HP Easy Start doesn't work. I get the message: "We were unable to automatically locate any software option for this product......."

Has anyone found a solution or there a timeline from HP when the issue will get resolved?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Let's try installing below drivers:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Once completing the installation, power on the printer and connect it to your Mac, then open System Preferences > Printers & Scanners.

Select your printer and then select the printer model within the Use drop-down menu, then check if you may print.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37
HP Recommended

I call the apple support and after 2 hours there is again the problem. The apple support tell me to ask at HP the new driver, we need to wait HP resolution

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please follow below version of HP Easy Start, as soon as it launches open the top HP Easy Scan menu and select Uninstall HP Software.

Follow the steps on screen and then click on Set Up New Device and follow the steps to reinstall the printer:

Shlomi

HP Recommended

it is the first I try with you software but afer recognize the print I see the next message:

it is not possible to automatically detect new softwate options for this product. Go to the hp website to search for product solutions.

You can tell me another solution, I try by system preference to add with manual add and configure with hp laserjet series PCL 4/5 but don't print....

HP Recommended

I have the same issue (Laserjet P1102 not working when I moved to Big Sur) and the proposed solution does not work

HP Recommended

there is another way to install the print? I need to use and the toner is new, I don't wont put in the waste my print.

HP Recommended

Let's try installing below drivers:

Once completing the installation, power on the printer and connect it to your Mac, then open System Preferences > Printers & Scanners.

Select your printer and then select the printer model within the Use drop-down menu, then check if you may print.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Perfect! now it's work! be carefull when I try to install the mac it write me : the software there is the malware. But is not true.

I go in the control panel privacy and secure and manual sblock the program.

thank you!

HP Recommended

It worked, thanks so much.

HP Recommended

Thanks, you are right, Mac blocs the installation and one needs to over-ride this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.