Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Will this solution work for an HP 4520?

HP Recommended

I cannot open the ink...getting an error message saying "can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software... any ideas??????

HP Recommended

NEVERMIND.... if I would have scrolled a bit further I would have found my answer....

HP Recommended

Well I was hoping that your link would be the fix.... DIDIN'T WORK.... I'm still having a problem with my prints hanging in the print queue showing "waiting ro printer to become available".... my Scan function is working correctly and I have tried all other recommended options (i.e. removing printer and reinstalling, etc>)... can you tell me why I can't get the connection for a print?

HP Recommended

Hello. I tried what you suggested but, unfortunately, it was not successfull. I got these messages. What do I have to do now? Please advise. Thank you.
Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 10.06.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-02 at 10.06.35 PM.png

HP Recommended

same printer. the gutenprint solution actually worked for me. i was surprised. not a solution provided by HP (don't hold your breath) but it did work just fine. I can print again. Hopefully gutenprint is trustable.

HP Recommended

no HP software worked for me. But gutenprint did. I only hope it's secure.

HP Recommended

Hi there,

I got the same issue : after upgrading to Big Sur, I could not use HP LaserJet P1102 anymore.  I tried the solution proposed by Shlomil but after downloading the driver and trying to open it to install it, I receive a refusal message from my computer. It does not allow me to open the driver for fear of malwares. Is there a more recent driver? 

Many thanks in advance for your help,

All the best,

Mirimi

HP Recommended
Spoiler

I had the same problem. someone suggested I try Gutenprint Driver and it worked for me. I was surprised. 
I thank everyone for their responses and offers to help, but I think I'm good for the time being. 
If you have an HP Laserjet P1102w, try Gutenprint.

Thanks everyone!
Macmo, signing out.

HP Recommended

Sorry I'm on this thread gang.... I forgot to say I have a HP OfficeJet 6600.... I think it's just too old.... Gutenprint doesnt have a driver for this one.... I'm going to buy a new printer today..... probably should have waited to update to Big Sur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.