Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 4122e All-in-One Printer

On my printer the print marging is too high on the bottom using A4 and other format. It can't be set to a lower value.

It's seems to be approx 1.5cm... is very too high...

Today I'm sure is not a problem from my document but from settings on my printer, or simply the printer. 

I'am using HP Smart application to print or to set printer settings... 

Also in all my pre-vizualisation that print margin is too high ! 

So how to solve and set margin ?

Please help me. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You can find it in the printer specifications here.

Print area Print margins: Top: 3 mm, Bottom: 12.7 mm, Left: 3 mm, Right: 3 mm;

The bottom margin is the largest because the print mechanism can't print under 12,7mm as it is not a borderless printer.

Only borderless printers can print from edge to edge, others have large bottom margin.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The bottom margin on that printer model is 12,7mm everything under that margin can't be printed. 

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Where do you find this information ? 

Why it's different with the top margin ? That make no sense, is'n it ? 

HP Recommended

Where do you find this information ? 

Why it's different from top ? It's make no sense...

HP Recommended

You can find it in the printer specifications here.

Print area Print margins: Top: 3 mm, Bottom: 12.7 mm, Left: 3 mm, Right: 3 mm;

The bottom margin is the largest because the print mechanism can't print under 12,7mm as it is not a borderless printer.

Only borderless printers can print from edge to edge, others have large bottom margin.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.