Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
M277dw
macOS 10.14 Mojave

After having some problems with printing PDF's (as many other have had too) only one problme remains (I think).  I can not get a print from Preview, Two-sided with two pages per sheet to work. The printer just gets stuck on "Printing document" forever and the job disappears from the Print Queue. Anyone else noticed this?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @roginlon-1,

A warm welcome to HP Community!

Does it only happen while printing a two sided document from Preview?

How is the printer connected, USB or Wireless?

Let me know!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, it seems to be only at double-sided print with two pages per sheet. The printer is connected via Ethernet. I think that there might have been a printer diver update delivered through System Preferences recently that mioght have caused this? I think it has worked in the past, although I do not use that type of print that often.

HP Recommended

Apologies foer the name confusion. I was orginally not able to log in with my old usenam,e for some reason....

HP Recommended

@roginlon

If in case its an issue with the printer driver, then we might be able to resolve the issue by removing the existing printer driver and then setting up the printer with Apple AirPrint. Here is how to do it:

Please ensure that the printer is up to date with its firmware and Mac is up to date with it's software. If you are unsure you may use the links below to update the printer firmware and Mac software:

Update printer firmware

Update software on Mac 

1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

2.) Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.

3.) If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button  at the bottom of the list.

4.) Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.

5.) Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

6.) Try to print.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, it does work with AirPrint driver, but it has a bit of limited functionality otherwise so it would be better if the original HP-driver would work as well.

HP Recommended

@roginlon-1

Not worry, Apple has added almost all the features and functionality available on HP driver. HP printer driver typically include HP Easy Scan and HP Utility. If you would like to use them, then you may download and install HP Easy Scan and HP Utility from the links below:

HP Easy Scan

HP Printer Utility for Mac OS X

Instruction on how to use HP Easy Scan can be found here

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks. I was not aware that you could use the Utility independently from the HP printer driver, but I still hope that it will work properly again in a newer version of the original driver.

I have also noted that I have different user names dependent on if I log in from my desktop or laptop and I do not seem to be able to change it.....

HP Recommended

@roginlon

I believe one of the Moderators should be able to help you change the username. I've routed the case to moderators, they will get in touch with you shortly.

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.