Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP C4700 Photosmart All in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have tried all the HP guides and virtual support options and still can’t it to connect.  I have an HP660 all in one wireless printer in my home and it connects fine.  I have reset the router, uninstalled, reinstalled drivers, have used the HP utility for fixing issues.  It goes all they way through the set up, gets to the point where it recognizes my wireless setting from my surface, and then it fails to connect.  One error I have received is shown here.   “An error occurred while processing your request.  Reference #30.8d273017.1543667268.227a063”. I have tried the WPS connection via my router and the printer - no luck.  

Any thoughts short of trashing the printer or using a USB connection in 2018?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@smuget

Welcome to HP forums, I see that you are getting printer connectivity issues.

Manually connect the printer to your network 

1. Gather the following items:

• Network name (SSID)

• Network security password (WEP key or WPA passphrase)

• A computer that is connected to your wireless network

2. Disconnect any USB or Ethernet cables from the printer.

3. On the printer control panel, select the Setup, Network, or Wireless menu.

4. Select Wireless Setup Wizard, then follow the on-screen instructions to connect the printer to your network.

Temporarily disable firewall software on the computer

1. Return to the Print and Scan Doctor window, and then click Network.

Figure : Click Network in the HP Print and Scan Doctor window

Click Network in the HP Print and Scan Doctor window.
  2. In the drop-down menu, click Troubleshooting Firewalls.

Figure : Click Troubleshoot Firewalls in the drop-down menu

Click Troubleshooting Firewalls in the drop-down menu.
  3. Click the name of any firewall software on your system that has an Enabled status, and then click Disable.

Figure : Example of the Troubleshooting Firewalls window

Image: Example of the Advanced Info window
  4. Try installing the HP driver and software again.

You can refer to this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The step you show to temporarily disable firewall does not come up as an option for me.  I only get the first and third option.  I downloaded the latest version before trying your recommendations.

Screenshot (3).png

HP Recommended

@smuget

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

What happens when you select the printer and click on next.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.