Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Inkjet large format CP1700
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was very pleased and somewhat surprised to find Windows 10 has drivers for HP CP1700. I and many others suffered through Vista printer patches and ongoing win7 issues (even with Bob Headrick help), and finally gave up hope.

When I downloaded the win10 64bit version drivers I was shocked it self-installed and started right up - I was amazed and delighted! I printed a few 8x10 B&W and color prints with no issues. When I tried to setup and load the larger paper formats (11x17, B, etc.). there was nothing on the drop down menu beyond a large assortment of papers up to legal size. Also had problems trying to duplex print the 8x10 size - paper fed in but did not print, reversed and fed second side and did not print again. Grrrr.

Anyone aware of a patch or revision to address this... it would be great to have my old CP1700 back up and running!

Thanks,

Gary2001

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @gary2001,

Click the Start menu and then the gear icon (Settings).

Select Devices, then select Printers & Scanners.

Click your printer and select Manage.

Click on Printer Properties and open the Advanced tab, then press the New driver button.

Press Next and select HP

Locate and select the HP Officejet Pro K850 model, if it is not listed click the Windows Update button and locate it after the list re-appears (it may take a while to load).

Follow the wizard to complete the steps, when you complete the driver wizard and the Printer Properties dialog.

Press Apply, then open the Device Settings tab and ensure the Duplex Unit Accessory is installed for the printer driver.

Now check for any difference.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Not sure I am following your instructions correctly.  We are trying to keep the CP1700 printer but use the K850 driver as per your instructions?   This consistently fails for me when I get to the final "Apply" button.    Windows 'complains' that the driver and printer name don't match.

OR are we trying to just install the K850?

Nothing I have tried here has worked so far.   Grrr.

Completely baffles me why HP would produce a working driver for the CP1700 but one which does not support large format paper - only letter/legal.  If I just install the CP1700 from scratch using the HP driver in Win 10, it works fine for a whole bunch of paper formats which do NOT include, e.g., tabloid or super B3 sizes.  Kind of useless to me without large format support. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

My steps are intended to set an alternate driver indeed, by changing the existing print queue.

What exact error is shown when you try to update the driver?

If you click on Add Printer, then press the Printer that I want Isn't listed, select a Local Printer or a Manual Printer with manual settings, select the Standard TCP/IP Port and then try adding the K850 model, may you then able to complete the wizard successfully?

What exact error is shown when you try adding the printer?

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I am away on a trip until Sunday.  I will try your 'steps' again when home and I WILL get back to you with the details on what error messages I am getting.  Appreciate your help on this - I really want to solve this issue.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.