Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Color Laser Jet Pro MFP M281cdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just built a new computer and am having issues install my Color Laser Jet Pro MFP M281cdw.

The PC is connected to the internet via ethernet cable that plugs in to my WiFi router. On my old computer I had the same setup, but was able to print from the PC to the wireless printer that was connected to my WiFi. Now I can only print via WiFi if I connect the PC to the WiFi network using a WiFi dongle.

How can I go back to my old setup of not having a WiFi dongle on the PC but still being able to print?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ollitrop 

Please check your machine (with LAN cable) to see it is on the same range and same subnet with printer (or other devices on the wireless network). Can you ping printer from your machine ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ollitrop 

Please check your machine (with LAN cable) to see it is on the same range and same subnet with printer (or other devices on the wireless network). Can you ping printer from your machine ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.