Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
LaserJet M234dwe
Android 9.0 Pie
I hope you all can help. I have been trying for the past two hours to get my HP LaserJet M234dwe to print anything.

I have a new HP printer that has worked fine for the first 10 or so pages I've printed. I set it up via the HP Smart app on my Android phone but from day one it has shown "Some Features Unavailable" in the HP Smart app but has allowed me to print. I am signed into my HP Account in HP Smart but still see that error.

Now the "!" light is on and the only thing that will print is a page that tells me I need to complete the setup of my printer. I tried again using HP Smart and still have the same trouble.

I followed all instructions here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06985417 and cannot get my printer to complete setup or print anything. The printer does not show up in my HP Smart account when I log into the web page form my computer, so I can't Remove it there.

It does still show in the HP Smart app with "Some Features are Unavailable" and still will not print.

Why does HP insist on making it so difficult to just print a **bleep** document. I assume because it gives you a way to compile copious amounts of data and push ads for your supplies. This is completely ridiculous.

What's worse is that I cannot even "Contact Support" via the HP Support Page. It prompts me to enter my serial number, which I did, but then it says there are multiple products associated with that serial number so I have to enter a product number.

First of all....What kind of business reuses serial numbers across multiple products??

Secondly, there is NO Product Number listed anywhere on my printer that I can see. I have checked the top, front, both sides, back and bottom. The only external stickers are the one with the Barcode for downloading the HP Smart App and the one that shows the Printer Model "HP LaserJet M234dwe." On the inside, where the Toner goes, there is one additional barcode sticker that has a Username: admin, the PIN, and the Serial Number. NO PRODUCT NUMBER. So this hard-stops me from even contacting support via traditional means...hence this post.

I run a small business out of my home and it requires printing documents when customers are here. Today, this just caused me to have to delay service for a customer because I could not get the printer to print anything. This equals lost revenue for me and my business. THIS IS NOT BEST PRACTICE...

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@tokenwizard

Welcome to the HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The first problem is that I didn't realize what I was getting into the the HP+ products. I did not realize it REQUIRES an account and internet connectivity. Great way to push your supplies on customers.

I should have gotten a regular, non+ device.

After about the FIFTH time hard-resetting the printer, deleting and reinstalling the HP SMart APP, and staring again, I was finally able to get setup completed successfully and am able to print.

Woo knows when HP+ will decide to lock me out of printing again. It let me print several pages just fine before this problem presented itself.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.