Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Dell PC (XPS) with latest Windows 10 install updated Sept 21, 2021, was rebuilt with new hard drive and other updates, is acting like a new computer.

During set up system asked whether I wanted to reinstall HP Smart, and we are saying yes to this--During this setup HP's own software setup document is telling us to find the ePrint icon on the device and enable it to go on. There is no such icon, and searching the printer's UI doesn't reveal it under Settings, Web Services, anywhere we can see. 

This HP Officejet Pro 8600 lists HP ePrint as an offered service or app on HP's list of printers, so ...

Do I even need to worry about this? I have now spent 40 minutes on HP's sites, downloading apps and accepting (invasive) homeward looking background apps and services no doubt, but just want to get back to work.

Has anyone else had a problem finding or enabling the ePrint service and finding the asked-for claim code on the printer? It is supposed to print on a Welcome page, according to the set up instructions, but the printer is not new--there is no Welcome page to reference. 

All links to "find help locating ePrint" etc. both from within the HP Smart setup window or on HP's support page have led only to this blogsite of FAQs or are chat bots that provide bupkis for this question.

Thanks in advance ... !

SierraBound in Northern California

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@SierraBound 

Please check the following document

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c04700720

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

It would be most helpful--since it appears this feature or functionality (e-printing) has been retired--if HP would remove the suggested installation steps from their own setup software ...(?) ... 

I could have saved all of you and they would have saved me a lot of time researching something that it turns out, in the end, just doesn't matter ... !

I won't give it a second thought, but ... HP! Let's tune up those instructions on your apps like Install HP Print Center etc to be at least up to date. ...

You guys are killing me (HP) ...

For everyone else, thanks for reading or burning a few mental procs on this non-issue...!

Cheers,

SierraBound

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.