I'm at wit's end. I've uninstalled, installed, done hard resets, taken out cartridges, put cartridges back in and this printer will not print. I've got everything set up but it comes up as not installed. This printer was working just fine until Microsoft did an update and now I can't get it to print anything. I"ve been on HP's website and Smart thingy and it does absolutely nothing. Can anyone please tell me step by step how I can just get my printer installed without it saying fax or scan. I"m not all that techy so will need some help. The one time I thought I had it figured out, it said "driver not available". Can anyone help? I'm ready to throw it out the window and just buy a new printer.
1. Select “Start” and type “printers” in the search box.
2. Choose “Printers & scanners“.
3. elect “Add a printer or scanner“.
4. Wait for the “The printer that I want isn’t listed” option to appear, then select it.
5. Select “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname” , then select “Next“.
6. select “TCP/IP Device” in the “Device type” list.
7. Type the hostname or the IP address of the printer. Select “Next“. To find the IP address of the printer, touch the Wi-Fi icon on the printer's control panel.
8. Windows should find the printer if the printer is on and configured correctly. You may have to specify more information. If prompted, Select the type of network adapter installed in the printer in the “Device Type” drop-down list. You can also click “Custom” to specify custom settings for the network printer. Select “Next“.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".