Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-CW1500sa

Hello. I need to understand why our HP Pavilion 15-CW1500sa [ProductID: 6TC71EA#ABU] will not allow us to automatically print double-sided while all other computers in the home do allow it.

The two images below illustrate the problem. From the  HP Pavilion 15-CW1500sa  we only have options to either Print One Sided or Manually Print on Both Sides

BUT, using a different computer, the HP All-in-One 24-e0XX we have options to Print One Sided, Print on Both Sides (Flip pages on long edge), Print on Both Sides (Flip  pages on short edge) , or Manually Print on Both Sides

Manually print on both sides.pngPrint on both sides.png

I'm expecting to hear that this is a device driver issue but I've already explored that as far as my knowledge and skill allows, with no joy!!

Any advice to help me overcome this problem will be gratefully received and much appreciated.

Regards,

Steve

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Lee_Duntides 

Your computer is responding to the printer software as it can do - the driver issue you need to address is for your Brother Printer as shown in your posted image.

Your Printer

Brother MFC-J4625DW - Downloads and Support

In general, when one computer prints as expected and another similar system does not, the printer software might need to be uninstalled, the computer Restarted, and the printer software reinstalled.  Is this true for your Brother printer?  Unknown - we don't support Brother printers here.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.