Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 7110
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I opened "Devices and Printers," and created a new custom paper size under "Print server properties." But alas, the custom paper does not appear in the printer properties' paper size dropdown box inside Adobe Acrobat or Microsoft Word.

I then executed the following:

1- Unplugged the USB cable from the printer.

2- In Control panel > Programs and Features, I uninstalled the OfficeJet 7110 printer.

3- In Control panel > Devices and Printers, I removed the OfficeJet 7110 printer.

4- I executed "printui.exe /s" and removed the OfficeJet 7110 driver.

5- I deleted all pertaining files in "C:\programdata”.

6- I rebooted the computer.

7- I downloaded and installed a new "Full Feature Software and Drivers".

All that to no avail—the custom paper size still doesn't show in dropdown box.

Any hints?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JulianoP 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

Product introduced 2013

Custom Size may never work.

There is every expectation that it will not work, in fact.

The Full Feature Software is (at this writing) six years old and very likely does not support the feature.

HP Officejet 7110 series Full Feature Software and Drivers

================================================================

The Specifications indicate Mac OSx is supported for Custom Form Size.

Printer Specifications for HP Officejet 7110 Wide Format ePrinter Series

Other media
Custom-sized media between 76.2 mm (3.0 inches) to 330 mm (13 inches) wide and 127 mm (5.0 inches) to 1118 mm (44 inches) long
note:
Defining custom-sized media sizes in the HP printing software is only available in Mac OS X.

References

Print Driver Settings Guide (Windows)

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet 7110 Wide Format ePrinter series - H812 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@Dragon-Fur

Thank you for your reply.

Since HP is not selling simple A3 printers anymore—only an All-in-One (7740)—it would be wonderful if HP were so kind to update the 7110 driver (hint to HP).

By the way, Google Chrome's Print dialog does list the custom paper size I created, and I was able to print on it. Alas, any other software, that uses the standard printer Document Properties dialog, does not list it.

I believe I have an idea though, that will require some learning and some tweaking. I will report it here if it works.

HP Recommended

@JulianoP 

You are welcome.

Interesting and encouraging you are able to get it it work.

I depend on the documentation I can find - and even then, on occasion, it turns out elsewise.  

I am glad for the update.  Thanks.

It is true the choices for super size print options are fewer than would be best.  I don't make use of larger prints but I can certainly understand the need.

Stay Safe.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.