Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
d110 series
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Bought MacBook Pro in 8/2020.  All good until just updated operating system to Catalina 10.15.7.  I've downloaded "new drivers" from HP, unplugged and plugged in my printer, deleted then added my printer, and even rebooted my computer.  The page is being sent to the printer, but "it is not responding for printing."  Any ideas re how to solve?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for confirming.  For some very odd reason, plugging the printer's power cord into first, an extension cord, then a surge protector, has worked for years....then it didn't.  Very odd.  Now it is sorted, though.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@Nipster13

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Remove USB cable, if present.
  • Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
  • Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well, you are batting .500. 

What seems to have worked is 1) rebooting the Verizon router, AND 2) plugging the printer DIRECTLY into the wall socket.  

For some reason, it will NOT print if I plug the power cord into the extension cord which is plugged into a power strip.  

Can you explain why that would be?  The printer DOES power up that way, but won't recognize the print command, though the item is showing that it is waiting to print.  

Odd.  Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

@Nipster13

Thank you for posting back. 

HP recommends the printer to be connected to the wall outlet and not a surge because the printer does not receive enough power from the surge

To perform all the tasks.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for confirming.  For some very odd reason, plugging the printer's power cord into first, an extension cord, then a surge protector, has worked for years....then it didn't.  Very odd.  Now it is sorted, though.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

Echo_Lake

It didn't help me, but I am currently unable to put power lead straight to a wall socket. I have removed the connection to a surge protector. Still not printing, same error message as before. Is connecting to wall socket absolutely critical? No doubt many of us would find that nigh impossible.

HP Recommended

Yes, I know what you mean about the challenges of plugging the printer's power lead directly into the wall socket.  I had to re-arrange my entire office set-up to accommodate this change.  In the end, it has worked out....printer is working again, now that its power lead is directly plugged into the wall socket.

HP Recommended

Echo_Lake

No, it hasn't helped.

I moved my HP OfficeJet 6950 to another room and did connect it directly to a wall socket. Using wifi I tried again to print but still got the same warnings: "Inkjet4.driver (installed 20 Dec 2016) will damage your computer", with an option, which I ticked, to report malware to Apple to protect other users. Tried reloading MacBook but no change.

What do I do now?

HP Recommended

@EdwinVance

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Are you getting any error code or message?
  • Did you make any changes on the settings of your Printer prior to the issue?
  • What is the printer product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Keep me posted!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Echo_Lake

Thank you. I have followed another advice and solved my original problem, but now I have a different problem but not so bad!

First, as you are an HP Employee can you please accept this comment: it is impossible for me to navigate around Community. To try to find earlier conversations is a nightmare. Is it not possible to use my User Name, EdwinVance, to find all my conversations collected together?

I have an HP OfficeJet 6950, serial no. SN THBAK3506Q/FPU P4C78-64002/HP INC

Using a MacBook with Catalina 10.15.7

I was unable to print after upgrading my Apple os to 10.15.7

The warning messages, then, were: "Inkjet.driver ( 20 Dec 2016) will damage your computer" I ticked report malware to Apple. Advised by Apple to use Finder to find the application, then to send it to the Bin. I didn't follow that advice. Instead I made my original enquiry to the community, which was picked up by someone (can't find the "conversation", advising to plug printer cable DIRECTLY into a wall socket. When eventually I did so it didn't solve my problem. Someone else, again I can't trace who, advised me to download HP EasyStart and with this download a new driver. This I did, also I needed an update for Scan.

This solved my problem. I can now print, BUT, I get a new warning message: Matterhorn.framework will damage your computer, to use Finder..... as before. HOWEVER, going to Finder causes the Printer to print!! So, I can now print. 

Can you advise me, please, how to print without first getting the Matterhorn.framework warning, having to use Finder to find Matterhorn.framework, thus triggering the printer into life?

Thank you

PS, also I have received more than 150 emails from Community, from other enquirers with printing problems. I think there is a glitch somewhere. I assume I should not have got those.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.