Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2050
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Had to run printer with PCL3 class driver as it wouldn't print A5. However the scanner is no longer available. Any ideas on how to fixit?  Has HP fixed the actual 2050 drivers? Many thanks in anticipation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Neptuno,

Here is the link for the Full Feature Software and Drivers: DJ2540_188.exe

I have provided a document for how to start and use the HP Scan Software: Scanning from the Computer with HP Scan.

Hope this helps. Thanks!.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Neptuno,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! I understand that you are having issues being able to scan using the preinstalled Windows driver and would like to know if there is a full software driver available. I would be happy to help you. 

I have provided you the link for the Full Feature Software and Driver: DJ2050_J510_1313-1.exe

If you have any issues,  download and run the Print and Scan Doctor. It will diagnose the issue and might automatically resolve it. Let me know the results of the Print and Scan Doctor.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help, please click the "Accept as Solution" and the "Thumbs Up" buttons. Let me know how you make out. Cheers!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi Gemini02,

The print and scan doctor worked well, the scanner control box came up and successfully scanned a document. I stil can't find the scanner control. Mistake in my post, it's a 2040 (not 2050) used wirelessly. 

HP Recommended

Hi @Neptuno,

Here is the link for the Full Feature Software and Drivers: DJ2540_188.exe

I have provided a document for how to start and use the HP Scan Software: Scanning from the Computer with HP Scan.

Hope this helps. Thanks!.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi Gemini02, I had a bad couple of days, brain in neutral. Printer actually a 2540 so downloaded full feature s/w and now all OK except still no option to print A5. Will live without this but can HP please update the s/w as I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to print A5. Thanks for your help, best wishes, Dave.

HP Recommended

Thanks for letting me know that the printer is working now, but you are still not able to print on A5 paper size @Neptuno.

I have provided a document for Creating Custom Paper Sizes. Give that a try.

Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.