Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3700 All in One series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I recently bought the Deskjet 3700 all in one series and it hasn't worked since I've had it. I feel like there's an issue on my end with drivers but the HP Smart app won't give me any driver install options, and since HP want to force it upon us anytime I download the drivers themselves it takes me to the smart app install.
I am connected via a USB cable as my Uni wifi is really weird about connecting (though it is connected to the internet).
The printer will print the diagnostic pages so the paper is feeding and the ink is installed correctly.
I also had a weird thing yesterday where it actually printer a page I sent from my PC but then it refused to print anymore after that.
I have tried the hp doctor thing, it found no issues.
Test pages won't send through the HP smart app but oddly it will print alignment pages? I've no idea why it's so inconsistent with what it will or won't print.
I've tried using word, wordpad, powerpoint and printing PDF's from the internet to test it and none of them worked. I also tried printing a PDF through the smart app.
When i send something to the printer, it doesnt show up in the HP smart app printer queue but it does on the default windows 10 queue.
The below image shows the only error I'll actually received.
I've been talking to the HP Support twitter for the last week now and it's still not fixed- not that its their fault it seems like a really weird issue, I hope someone else has experienced a similar thing and can help! 🙂

Stratidemic_0-1620038162605.png

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Stratidemic

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.
Let's try these steps to resolve the issue:

Root level uninstall and reinstall printer drivers

• Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP DeskJet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

To reinstall, click here.
If the issue continues, uninstall and reinstall printer Basic drivers from the link: Click here

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.