Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer - N911a
macOS 12.0 Monterey

(Actually I am using macOS 13.1 Ventura but it's not on the list.  Hopefully an answer for OS 12 will work.)

Trying to download latest driver onto my new MACAIR but after download it will not open.  Instead I continually get the message "HP Easy Start.app" can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software

Just looking to get the EasyScan app to work (but it won't without a printer driver onboard to identify with)

How can I get a useable HP driver downloaded and installed??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @vxe6 ,

1. Please download and install  HP Printer drivers for MacOS from the next link:

https://updates.cdn-apple.com/2021/macos/071-46903-20211101-0BD2764A-901C-41BA-9573-C17B8FDC4D90/Hew...

2. Then go to Preferences > Printers then Add the printer

* Click on YES button  to say thanks, 

* Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered.

Best regards, 

ferRX.

ferRX_1-1638822184200.pngdodecaedroh.gif

@ferRX / I am a volunteer posting answers on my own time.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @vxe6 ,

1. Please download and install  HP Printer drivers for MacOS from the next link:

https://updates.cdn-apple.com/2021/macos/071-46903-20211101-0BD2764A-901C-41BA-9573-C17B8FDC4D90/Hew...

2. Then go to Preferences > Printers then Add the printer

* Click on YES button  to say thanks, 

* Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered.

Best regards, 

ferRX.

HP Recommended

Hey FerRX !  Thanks a bunch.  When I went to PRINTERS AND SCANNERS on System Settings, I noted that it already showed a HP Office Jet 8600 as installed,

- but with a pinch of salt over my shoulder I went ahead and hit ADD, highlighted the 8600 displayed there and said ACCEPT,

- to which it replied - you already have this one.  you wanna add it again?  and I did and this one had a OPEN SCANNER button, which I did and the scanner worked.  

-So I opened my HP EASY SCAN app and VOILA it now recognized my printer and off to the races we went.  

Don't know why it didn't recognize the 8600 already sitting in the computer but I don't care since that's all above my skills set.

Regards and a big thanks,

Vic Pesce

HP Recommended

Great 😊, nice to know the added printer and scanner worked !

Best regards,

ferRX.

HP Recommended

What driver do I use to use HP V14 portable monitor on my MACbook air using macOS Ventura?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.