Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
PSC 2355 All in One
Other

I've a new iMac, with mac OS Big Sur and I'm looking for a driver to work with my old PSC 2355 printer.

The latest driver I found on HP support is for Mac OS 10.9

Anyone can help me?

Thanks to all. 

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try following below version of the HP Easy Start Utility:
https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/ASU/HP_Easy_St...

As soon as you open HP Easy Start, click the top HP Easy Start menu and select Uninstall HP Software...
Read any warnings that display, and then click Continue. When prompted, type your administrator user name and password and follow the steps on screen.
Click Set Up New Device, and then follow the instructions to reinstall your printer with HP Easy Start and check if that may work.

If HP Easy Start cannot complete your printer installation, from the HP Easy Start menu select Preferences.
Click on HP Easy Start.log and the log folder will launch, please reply me back via a Private Message with the log content attached, please clarify if you may not able to access private messaging.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi Shlomi, thanks for your support.

I've the log you want, but I'm not able to send you a private message, how can send you it?

HP Recommended

Hi @Tonino2021,

I've asked the moderators to allow you private messaging access, as soon as it will be allowed, you may reply me back via a Private Message then.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Also, please try installing below software from Apple:

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1888?locale=en_US

Next,  open System Preferences, and then open Printers & Scanners to re-add your printer. be sure to select the printer model within the Use drop-down menu.

If this fails too, please send me the log then,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Hi Shlomi,
I apologize so much for the delay in replying, but I had run out of printer cartridges and could not test them.
Following your suggestions I was able to set up the PSC 2355 all-in-one printer, but the driver installed, either through HP Easy Start or with the software downloaded from Apple Support, is a generic driver for the PSC 2350 series family and iMac recognizes the printer as a generic laser that allows printing only in black and white, and the choice of color printing does not appear in the menu.
I am attaching screenshots for your vision and I kindly ask you if you have a solution to the problem, which allows me to use color printing as well.
Thanks anyway again for your kindness and your supportScreenshot 2021-02-15 at 11.51.40.pngScreenshot 2021-02-15 at 11.53.22.png

HP Recommended

Hello - I also have the PSC2355 and a MacBook with OS X BigSur. 

I have tried the suggestions above (HP Easy Start, and Apple support drivers) and can print black and white, but I cannot print in color. Has a solution to this ben identified? 

Thanks very much. 

HP Recommended

Hi @CameloColca.,

Try following the Resolution section below and check if that may help:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/Having-problems-installing-older-HP-Printers-o...

Shlomi

HP Recommended

ShlomiL, 

Thanks for the quick reply. 

I followed the Resolution that you had below (uninstalled all HP software, updated OS X from 11.2.1 to 11.2.2, reinstalled the drivers, and re-added the printer, however I still do not have access to color printing. 

I have tried the Self-Test Reports, and do get color prints directly from the printer, but no option to print color from the computer. 

I have attached a screenshot below. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 2.38.23 PM.png

HP Recommended

@ShlomiL, This issue is still not resolved for me, and I don't have the ability to print in color. Is this known issue for HP? are these older printers compatible with current OS X platforms?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.