cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Hogobarth
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Driver for HP Officejet 4500 windows 64

HP Recommended

Hello, my printer is up and running but the scanner is not working. The Analyse tells me that the driver is not complete. The driver is not available in the whole web. How can I get it? 

5 REPLIES 5
Betty0610
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,706 17,688 983 847
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Hogobarth

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Unfortunately the full software is not available for your Printer anymore.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Hogobarth
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Is there anyone out there who might have a copy of the driver in the downloads folder and send it to me? 

The driver being not available means that I must throw a fully functional device in the trash which is absolutely unacceptable and bad for our environment!! I'm really angry and this is a very good reason to NEVER buy HP products again. Wake up, HP! You're missing the train!! 

A very angry former customer. 

D Hook
Level 7
877 824 36 101
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Where did you get the driver you're using now?

Hogobarth
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

About a year ago they were all available on HP website. Now they are gone. I'm on a new laptop now and the current driver that runs the printer was installed by windows library I think. Now, running the HP Print and Scandoctor, it tells me that the part of the driver responsible for the scanner is missing. Following the link to download the driver brings me to the page to download the HP print and Scandoctor.. I searched the whole web and found one page with an actual file for download. But when opening the installer for the driver it instructs: "Click on install" but only features a cancel button. Really annoying. And I don't get the reason why those drivers cannot stay on the hp website! 

Betty0610
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,706 17,688 983 847
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We shall escalate this case.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation