Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3720
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The basic driver installation sw fails with the following error:

Call to DriverPackageInstall returned error -536870329 for package '<C:\Program Files\HP\HP DeskJet 3700 series\DriverStore\YetiV4\hpygid20_v4.inf

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks PCalaminci. I had exactly the same error and same setup (Win10 x64 with bitlocker enabled). Solution is as PCalaminci suggests: temporarily disable driver digital signature verfifaction (looks like HP have bundled a driver with an unknown/invalid publisher signature which is what's causing the install to bomb).

Note: An easier way to temporarily disable driver signature verification (on Windows 10) is...

1. In Windows go to PC settings (you can search for it in Start).
  2. Click on “Update & recovery” on the left side.
  3. Click on “Recovery” on the left side.
  4. Click “Restart Now” button under Advanced startup.
  5. Select Troubleshoot ->Advanced setup -> Startup Settings and press Restart
  6. Press 7 number key corresponding to “Disable driver signature enforcement” entry.
  7. Install drivers. After you restart your system again you won’t be able to install unsigned drivers until you repeat the steps 1-6.

Above works even if you have your hard drive encrypted with bitlocker (you don't need to type in your recovery key).

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello Calaminici,

I read the concern with the printer driver installation. 

Please download the full feature driver  by going through the following link. 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-deskjet-3700-all-in-one-printer-series/8954253/mo...

choose download and then choose install. 

Please let me know the result. 

Thanking you for choosing HP,

Regards,

Ashok

Ashok ... HP..always working
HP Recommended

hi Ashok,

I already tried also with the full sw and the error is just the same.

HP Recommended

Just wanted to add that I'm an HPE employee and I'm trying to install the printer driver on my company laptop. My suspect is that the problem is maube related to my account permissions.

HP Recommended

no way: I also tried installing the driver as hpadmin user, the error is still there! Really frustrating guys...

HP Recommended

Ok I had a look at the setupapi.dev.log file under C:\Windows\INF and then I found the error:

sig:                Key      = hpygid20_v4.inf
     sig:                FilePath = C:\windows\System32\DriverStore\Temp\{5fcc55df-c828-f548-a6e9-4a35055e20ea}\hpygid20_v4.inf
     sig:                Catalog  = C:\windows\System32\DriverStore\Temp\{5fcc55df-c828-f548-a6e9-4a35055e20ea}\hpygid20_v4.cat
!    sig:                Verifying file against specific Authenticode(tm) catalog failed! (0x800b0109)
!    sig:                Error 0x800b0109: A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider.
     sig:           {_VERIFY_FILE_SIGNATURE exit(0x800b0109)} 12:58:32.778
!!!  sig:           Driver package catalog file certificate does not belong to Trusted Root Certificates, and Code Integrity is enforced.
!!!  sig:           Driver package failed signature validation. Error = 0xE0000247
     sto:      {DRIVERSTORE IMPORT VALIDATE: exit(0xe0000247)} 12:58:32.778
!!!  sig:      Driver package failed signature verification. Error = 0xE0000247
!!!  sto:      Failed to import driver package into Driver Store. Error = 0xE0000247
     sto: {Stage Driver Package: exit(0xe0000247)} 12:58:32.793

Hope this help to find a final solution!!

HP Recommended

Finally solved on myself: I had to turn on testmode in order to make Win10 not to enforce verifying digital signature for all driver to be installed.

bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

Then restarted the pc. Important: if your pc hard drive is encrypted with Bitlocker you will need the recovery key after the reboot. So DO NOT FOLLOW these intructions if you don't own you bitlocker recovery key!

Once the system is up and running in test mode you can install the driver for the HP Deskjet 3720 with no problems (you only have to answer you trust the driver provider during installation process).

At the end of installation you can turn off testing mode:

bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING OFF

And then reboot again (also this time you will be prompted to insert the recovery key).

That's it...very long and complex process maybe due to the fact that I was installing on the company laptop (at least hope so)

HP Recommended

Thanks PCalaminci. I had exactly the same error and same setup (Win10 x64 with bitlocker enabled). Solution is as PCalaminci suggests: temporarily disable driver digital signature verfifaction (looks like HP have bundled a driver with an unknown/invalid publisher signature which is what's causing the install to bomb).

Note: An easier way to temporarily disable driver signature verification (on Windows 10) is...

1. In Windows go to PC settings (you can search for it in Start).
  2. Click on “Update & recovery” on the left side.
  3. Click on “Recovery” on the left side.
  4. Click “Restart Now” button under Advanced startup.
  5. Select Troubleshoot ->Advanced setup -> Startup Settings and press Restart
  6. Press 7 number key corresponding to “Disable driver signature enforcement” entry.
  7. Install drivers. After you restart your system again you won’t be able to install unsigned drivers until you repeat the steps 1-6.

Above works even if you have your hard drive encrypted with bitlocker (you don't need to type in your recovery key).

HP Recommended

More then one year later....

Why isn't this fixed? This problem still here!error.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.