Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Possiedo stampante HP J4580 e ho bisogno dei drivers per collegarla via cavo USB al portatile con S.O. Windows 10 (64bits) 

Nel sito HP non ci sono. Grazie.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@PL48 wrote:

I own HP J4580 printer and I need the drivers to connect it via USB cable to my laptop with OS. Windows 10 (64bits)

In the HP site there are not. Thank you.

@PL48 

Hello,

HP retires drivers and support for products that are 10 years old or more since they were released.
Unfortunately, HP no longer provides drivers and support for this printer.

Please use the HP OfficeJet J4500 All-in-On series Printer Full Software and Drivers to install your printer.
Right-click on OJ_AIO_J4500_Full_Win_WW_140_404-4.exe, then on Run as administrator (Esegui come amministratore), and then click Yes (Sì). Follow the instructions to install your printer.

Concerning HP Solution Center, go to HP Solution Center doesn't open.
For the maintenance of your printer, please use HP Print and Scan Doctor.

1. Open the HPPSdr.exe.
  2. In the HP Print and Scan Doctor app, click on Start (Iniziare).
  3. Select your printer, then click on Next (Seguente).
  4. Wait for HP Print and Scan Doctor to load the information from your printer.
  5. Click on the Printer (Stampante) menu, then on Printer Services... (Servizi di stampa...).

You want to make a shortcut on the Windows desktop of the HP Scan application, do the following:

1. Please go to the following path:
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin
      or
    • C:\Programmi (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin
  2. Right click on hpiscnapp.exe, then click on Show more options (Mostra altre opzioni), and then on Create shortcut (Creare un collegamento o Creare una scorciatoia).

You may be able to scan using HP Scan Extended!

It will be installed under Start (Iniziare) > All Programs (Tutti i programmi) > HP:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi

HP Scan and Capture: You can download and Install HP Scan and Capture app from Microsoft store. Here is the link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hp-scan-and-capture/9wzdncrfhwl0?rtc=1&activetab=pivot:overviewtab
For more information on how to use this app, refer: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675206

Don't hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@PL48 wrote:

I own HP J4580 printer and I need the drivers to connect it via USB cable to my laptop with OS. Windows 10 (64bits)

In the HP site there are not. Thank you.

@PL48 

Hello,

HP retires drivers and support for products that are 10 years old or more since they were released.
Unfortunately, HP no longer provides drivers and support for this printer.

Please use the HP OfficeJet J4500 All-in-On series Printer Full Software and Drivers to install your printer.
Right-click on OJ_AIO_J4500_Full_Win_WW_140_404-4.exe, then on Run as administrator (Esegui come amministratore), and then click Yes (Sì). Follow the instructions to install your printer.

Concerning HP Solution Center, go to HP Solution Center doesn't open.
For the maintenance of your printer, please use HP Print and Scan Doctor.

1. Open the HPPSdr.exe.
  2. In the HP Print and Scan Doctor app, click on Start (Iniziare).
  3. Select your printer, then click on Next (Seguente).
  4. Wait for HP Print and Scan Doctor to load the information from your printer.
  5. Click on the Printer (Stampante) menu, then on Printer Services... (Servizi di stampa...).

You want to make a shortcut on the Windows desktop of the HP Scan application, do the following:

1. Please go to the following path:
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin
      or
    • C:\Programmi (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin
  2. Right click on hpiscnapp.exe, then click on Show more options (Mostra altre opzioni), and then on Create shortcut (Creare un collegamento o Creare una scorciatoia).

You may be able to scan using HP Scan Extended!

It will be installed under Start (Iniziare) > All Programs (Tutti i programmi) > HP:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi

HP Scan and Capture: You can download and Install HP Scan and Capture app from Microsoft store. Here is the link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hp-scan-and-capture/9wzdncrfhwl0?rtc=1&activetab=pivot:overviewtab
For more information on how to use this app, refer: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675206

Don't hesitate to contact us in case of need.

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Many thanks, all is working fine.

Best regards,

Piero

HP Recommended

@PL48 

Thanks for your return,

I welcome you to the English HP community support.

Congratulations!:SocialCare:

If my previous answer was favorable to you, thank you to close the subject by clicking on 'Accepted as solution' at the bottom of the previous message.

Do not hesitate to contact us if needed

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.