Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
PSC 1410
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Looking through my attic, I found this old PSC 1410 (USB). I forgot I even had a printer and I would like to have one just in case, so I decided to plug it into my pc. The drivers installed, but I could also scan, when I tried to print it said error printing. So I went to HP's site and downloaded the All-In-one driver, but it didn't help, it just installed a couple of programs. I tried installing HP Scan & Print Doctor, but it didn't find anything wrong. Fast forward many things I tried including installing HP Universal Printing PS driver, I saw that I had my port set to DOT4 instead of USB001. So I selected USB001 and tried to print, now instead of showing an error message, it spooled normally, went to the printing stage (on the queue program of course) and immediately disappeared as if it had printed in 0s, immediate printing confirmed by event viewer, as it says Document 2, Print Document owned by $$$$ on \\$$$$$$ was printed on HP Universal Printing PS through port USB001. Size in bytes: 561202. Pages printed: 1. No user action is required.. Is there some sort of driver that will be compatible with the PSC 1410, and if not please help me diagnose this problem.

EDIT:  Using my Ubuntu vm, I found and installed HPLIP, which recognized, installed my printer and successfully printed a test page, which pretty much confirms its a windows driver error. So the question remains, what driver will I need to get PSC 1410 to work on Windows.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Steivon

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Please uninstall the printer driver from root level and download the full feature software

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 
2.) Select your HP Printer 
3.) Select Uninstall 
4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 
5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 
6.) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”) 
8.) Click on the “Drivers” tab 
9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 
10.) Select Ok 
11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 
12.) Close Devices and Printers
13.) Restart the computer and download the full feature software Link: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/psc1400/AIO_CDB_NonNet_Full_Win_WW_140_408-4.exe and follow the onscreen instructions

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.