Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 1102w
Other

I'm looking for drivers for HP1102w printer for MacOS 12.0.1 (Monterey)

The ones I was able to find (filename: HPPrinterDrivers5.1.dmg) give me the following message:

This update requires macOS version 12.0 or earlier.

Will new/updated drives be available any time soon?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I think I have accidentally found a solution for the problem (at least it worked for me)

I used the Solution from this issue (as I was pretty desperate at this point) https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Setup-Software-Drivers/HP-Printer-Drivers-MAC-Big-Sur-P1102w/t... 

I installed the package linked there https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1888?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US and after connecting the printer it just worked 🙂  yay!

Maybe it will help you guys too 🙂

Have a good day!

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
HP Recommended

Hi @monterey_user,

I'd like to help!

I understand you are looking for printer drivers.

You can install the mac printer driver from this link.

You may also add the AirPrint printer to the Mac printer queue

Add the Air Print printer to the Mac printer queue

Confirm you are using Air Print by adding the printer in System Preferences.

1. Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
  2. Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, and then do one of the following steps.
    • If your printer is listed, remove and re-add the printer to confirm it is set up for Air Print. Click the printer name, click the minus sign "-" to delete the printer, click the plus sign "+"click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name and then continue to the next step.
    • If your printer is not listed, click the plus sign, click Add Printer or Scanner, click the name of your printer, and then continue to the next step.
  3. Confirm Air Print or Secure Air Print displays in the Use or Print Using menu, and then click Add.
  4. Open a document or photo, click File, and then click Print.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

As I wrote in my previous message, I'm not able to install the drivers you mentioned on Monterey 12.0.1
I get e message that it requires MacOS 12 or earlier (I'm on 12.0.01).

I cannot add the printer without a proper driver available. Will there be a version for 12.0.1?Screenshot 2021-12-07 at 08.55.53.pngScreenshot 2021-12-07 at 08.56.41.png

HP Recommended

As mentioned in the previous post, here is a link to download the mac printer driver-https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-pro-p1102-printer-series/4110394/model...

Hope this helps!

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

Please read my previous post.

The file you keep pointing me to DOES NOT work on Mac OS Monterey 12.0.1

HP Recommended

I understand, but those only drivers are currently available.

Try the below suggestions

Please run the HP Uninstaller located in this document.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06960563

Next please download the driver using this link.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-pro-p1102-printer-series/4110394/model/...

Let me know if this helps!

HP Recommended

No, it did not help.

Please stop telling me to install drivers that CANNOT be installed on my system. Those drivers are for MacOS 12.0 and earlier. I'm on MacOS 12.0.1.

Please let me know if/when an updated version of those drivers might be released.

Screenshot 2021-12-14 at 14.12.34.png

HP Recommended

I do not have an update on when the drivers will be released.

I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team.

Please reach out to HP Support in your region for further assistance.

Hope this helps!

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

I'm confused. I get the same error driver as the OP. I need 12.0 or earlier, and I'm running 12.01. The only answers are: 1, our bad, there's no driver that works yet, or, 2, we are really sorry because a simple .01 update shouldn't wipe out your printer driver, so somebody screwed up! 

HP Recommended

I'm in the same situation ! We need new drivers. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.