Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 5740
Android 9.0 Pie

When I try accessing the Web Services it tells me: "The printer could not connect to Web Services.  The server might be busy or temporally unavailable.  Try again later."  The printer shows as online when I log into to HP Smart.  I have the latest firmware.   The printer has been out of Warrantee and I see that it's EOL, but that should not stop the Web Services from functioning, right?  How do I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@csandoval360 

Welcome to the HP Community.

@csandoval360 wrote:

1.  When I try accessing the Web Services it tells me: "The printer could not connect to Web Services.  The server might be busy or temporally unavailable.  Try again later." 

2. The printer shows as online when I log into to HP Smart. 

3.  I have the latest firmware.   

4.  The printer has been out of Warranty and I see that it's EOL, but that should not stop the Web Services from functioning, right? 

5.  How do I fix this?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.  Web Services (the service) is likely down in your region.

It happens.

Could be storm, flood, fire, server problem.

"Why" does not really matter - from our (user) perspective, the service works or it does not.

The Exception / FYI

Some older printers no longer support Web Services.

Web Services has been discontinued on some older printers (as listed in the document)

Web Services Notice

Important >> At this writing, printer HP OfficeJet 5740 e-All-in-One Printer series  is NOT on the "discontinued" list.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.  Good. HP Smart might be able to send / "Share" your message to email. 

True:  Sending to Email is not the same thing as ePrint .

That said, it it works, scanning and Sharing the content to email (via HP Smart) can prepare the content in terms of having it scanned and ready to print when you can get closer to the printer.

Web Services Notice

Section / Topic What happens to my printer when Web Services stop?

Section / Topic Are there any substitutions for the affected Web Services features?

3.  Good.  Updated Firmware is important.

4.  Correct - product out of Warranty does NOT impact Web Services.

5.  Wait it out - When the service is available, it will come back.

and / or

Use other options to get close to what you want.

and / or

Yeah, but... what else can I do?

Restart everything on your network  - might not make any difference - takes a few minutes to try...

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet 5740 e-All-in-One Printer series 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@csandoval360 

Welcome to the HP Community.

@csandoval360 wrote:

1.  When I try accessing the Web Services it tells me: "The printer could not connect to Web Services.  The server might be busy or temporally unavailable.  Try again later." 

2. The printer shows as online when I log into to HP Smart. 

3.  I have the latest firmware.   

4.  The printer has been out of Warranty and I see that it's EOL, but that should not stop the Web Services from functioning, right? 

5.  How do I fix this?

1.  Web Services (the service) is likely down in your region.

It happens.

Could be storm, flood, fire, server problem.

"Why" does not really matter - from our (user) perspective, the service works or it does not.

The Exception / FYI

Some older printers no longer support Web Services.

Web Services has been discontinued on some older printers (as listed in the document)

Web Services Notice

Important >> At this writing, printer HP OfficeJet 5740 e-All-in-One Printer series  is NOT on the "discontinued" list.

2.  Good. HP Smart might be able to send / "Share" your message to email. 

True:  Sending to Email is not the same thing as ePrint .

That said, it it works, scanning and Sharing the content to email (via HP Smart) can prepare the content in terms of having it scanned and ready to print when you can get closer to the printer.

Web Services Notice

Section / Topic What happens to my printer when Web Services stop?

Section / Topic Are there any substitutions for the affected Web Services features?

3.  Good.  Updated Firmware is important.

4.  Correct - product out of Warranty does NOT impact Web Services.

5.  Wait it out - When the service is available, it will come back.

and / or

Use other options to get close to what you want.

and / or

Yeah, but... what else can I do?

Restart everything on your network  - might not make any difference - takes a few minutes to try...

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet 5740 e-All-in-One Printer series 

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you that was very informative.  But I noticed when I tried to scan to email it told me the same thing.  I even tried going into "Display Email Address", and same message.   I'm guessing it's all related to server issues.  I'll wait it out.

HP Recommended

@csandoval360 

You are welcome.

Scan to Email / ePrint is one of those services that people love - until it stops working.

Like other "free" and "as-is" services, the service is pretty much "take what we get".

OK - that's an opinion.  Smiling.

HP Smart Mobile > Scan > Share to Email not working:

At the least, I would think you can scan and then "save" the content to your device.

Next,

Open an email session, attach the scanned file - send the mail to yourself and / or other recipients .

When you are on the same network as your printer, open email and print the attached PDF / Image file.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.