Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Office Jet Pro 8610
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I have the printer setup to 'scan to network' using an ethernet enabled drive (IomegaHomeNetwork). This old setup needs to change and use a QNAP NAS drive as the default location. Browsing to the direct IP address for the networked printer, I'm redirected and eventually land on a page 'Embedded Web Services'. Here I'm prompted with an 'admin' login if I chose the option to 'Scan to Network Folder'. (I've read some postings which suggest the admin account is default and cannot be changed) The problem is I have no clue as the the password for 'admin'. Attempting to access these options all display the same - Locked by Admin so refer to the person who set up the printer.

That person is me and I'm totally confused now with how I can proceed.

[My Mac OS by the way is Monterey 12.1 which doesn't appear on the drop down list.]

PostUpdate: No responses in the short term. Did a Factory Reset on the printer and this removes the EWS setup. Thereafter was able to set up 'Scan to Network Folder' afresh and no further prompts for 'admin' or password. The KB articles referencing the use of a PIN (to be found on the printer label) as the default 'admin' pwd also turned out to be incorrect. HP Support on this topic was confusing and/or misleading. Just saying...  😞

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.