Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

deleteing the unknown printer fixed mine also. HP3511

HP Recommended

great been feed up with this error code for ages Thanks IT WORKED.

HP Recommended

Simply and perfectly, it worked! Thank you so much for your kind and wise advice!

HP Recommended

In my settings it showed as "Unknown Device".

Several of them.

I selected each; each was for a different printer.

I UN-installed each, especially for the Hp 5700 series printer.

Then tried the MS OS update(s) via "Retry".

That seemed to work, FINALLY on 24-Feb-2017. It showed:

"Your device is up to date. Last checked: Today, ‏‎1:43 PM"

& WITHOUT the:

"

• Hewlett-Packard - Enterprise WSD Multi-Function Printer, Multi-Function Printer, Other hardware - Null Print - HP Officejet 5740 series - Error 0x8024200b

"

error.

Hopefully, this will work for the `long-term`.

Thanks to ALL!

HP Recommended

Worked for me too after having this problem for months.

HP Recommended

Removed all references in device manager and devices and printers in the control printer, trashed the printer - replaced with envy 5540 and still the problem persists.  This thing is like a sticky booger on your finger.  I can honestly say I wish I had never bhad the 6520 printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.