Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I got the Error code 0xc19a0020 on my HP8610 which tells me that the printhead is missing or not recognized.

The day before the printer printed very well...

I've tried a lot of resets (60s without power and so on) but nothing worked.

After the last reset the printer never reaches the menu and only shows the error.

No button is active, just the error on the display persists. (even after reboot)

I this state the Inktray wont move so it is impossible to remove the ink or printhead.

Is there any possibility to move the Inktray to the left side?

The webservice tells me that the printer is busy, therefore no FW updates or something else is possible.

BR

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Pho3nix,

If you have already performed the steps from the document Error Indicates Faulty Printhead and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Hope this helps!

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Hi Jay_G24,

thanks for your reply.
But as I've pointed out it is not possible to do anything with the printer, nor the 20 steps of the link, because the error blocks everything.
I can't even get my new ink cartridges (~100€) out of the printer, nor the print head.

So if I would buy a new print head I'm not able to plug it in, because the software blocks everything.

Yes the device is out of warranty, but there should be a way to move the ink tray to recover the cartridges.

So I would kindly ask again. How can I  move the ink tray?

Best regards from germany

HP Recommended

Try the steps in the document to resolve the carriage jam error-'Carriage Jam' or 'E3' Error Displays

If the issue persists, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your printer

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.