Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Eric, thanks for your reply.

I use a combined modem/router from Comcast/Xfinity.

The printer was installed yesterday and is USB connected to the Windows 10 Lenovo desktop.

Frankly, I connected through USB (and the printer was set up through the computer) expecting to have less problems with printer connectivity.

Every other device (from phones to TVs to Sonos) works just fine with the Comcast Wifi.

Respectfully, is the printer this fragile that connecting it to the Wifi will bring out serious error codes?

I bought a new HP printer when my original HP 6520 stopped printing black ink.

HP Recommended

You purchased a great printer!

This printer is part of a new family of printers just released this year. It has a lot of bells and whistles. The printer can also upgrade to new technology coming out in the future. 

The speed and print quality are the best and for $99 or $70 on sale you can’t beat it.

We are working on this error code. We can use your help. Once we figure out the issue you will have any updates needed. 

A clarifying question. Are you sure that you are not connected through WIFI?

I'm a HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks for the kind comments.

I know I have the computer connected to the printer through a USB on the computers end and that small square plug into the printer and I'm all but certain I set it up to use USB and not wireless, but please let me know how I can 100% confirm that and I will get back to you asap.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help!

P.S.  I have sent you a private message on the forms.

You can make sure you are not connected a couple of ways.

1. Blue light is flashing
  2. The Blue light is not lit at all
  3. Print a network configuration page.

Any of these will prove that you are not connected wirelessly.

I'm a HP Employee
HP Recommended

Seemed to have worked!  The error message I saw the 1st day has not returned.  Thanks for the fix and thanks for taking the time to walk me through the process.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the solution, I tried it and the error has not reappeared. I hope HP support have picked this up as they clearly hadn't a clue when I contacted them. Thanks again.

HP Recommended

I have had the ENVY 5055 set up for 5 days. Every day I wake up to the error code 0XD8077900. I just did the "fix" posted above. Will see in the morning if it worked. Fingers crossed.

HP Recommended

The fix worked! Thanls

HP Recommended

Stellavinney,

Can you help me understand your enviroment?

1. Who is your internet provider?

2. Did your internet provider supply your router?

3. What is the make and model of the router?

4. How long was it before you recived the error? 

5. How did you set the perinter up. i.e. computer, mobile? 

6. Would you be willing to turn back on IPv6, Does the error come back?

Thanks

Eric

I'm a HP Employee
HP Recommended

Turned OFF the IPv6 setting and the printer has reconnected to the router.  Thanks for the suggestion.  

We hope that will solve the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.