cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Ethnet PC and wifi printer

HP Recommended
Officejet 6970 pro
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have an officejet 6970 pro. My PC is connected via ethernet and I would like to use the printer connected via wifi. I can't get it configured.

If I connect to the wifi network from the PC, it works, but I want to stay on Ethernet.

I tested Direct wifi, but then I need to connect to it before printing.

How to stay in Ethernet on the PC and the printer in wifi and be able to print in intervention before printing?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Level 12
Level 12
6,696 6,632 714 1,755
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If the wireless and wired networks are running off the same router then you should be able to see all devices with no intervention. This would mean that all network addresses are in the same  group ie: 192.168.1.1-192.168.1.254. The last group of digits would be different for each device. If the third group of digits are different, in this case 1 and the wired is 0 then the devices are on different segments. In that case you will need to add a hosts file entry on your PC to tell it to look at the other  network segment. https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/27350/beginner-geek-how-to-edit-your-hosts-file/

Your other option is to edit the setup of your router so that all wired and wireless devices are on the same network segment.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

0 Kudos
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

in fact, the PC is on the Ethernet of my Provider, and the printer is on the wifi of a "Google Wifi" box which made another network name.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation