Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP2655
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How can I reset an HP2655 to factory settings?  I need to reset the Wifi Direct settings and I cannot connect to the printer.  How do I force a factory reset from the printer or how to I reset the Wifi Direcd settings?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@LtlBear, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

To reset the wireless settings on the printer, hold the wireless button and the cancel button for 3 seconds and release it.

While applying power, press and hold Resume and Color Copy to reset the printer to factory defaults.

To know how to connect the printer to the network using WPS method, refer to this document. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I ended up getting this work work another way, but I doubt your solution would have helped. 

"To reset the wireless settings on the printer, hold the wireless button and the cancel button for 3 seconds and release it." - I know this will not work as this prints a report which I printed multiple times while trying to figure out the problem. I found that option listed on several websites and it DOES NOT WORK.  WPS method is was not an option with the problem I was having as I tried it.  Someday I might try the Power on, resume, color option to see if that actually works, but the printer is working now and I don't want to mess it up.

HP Recommended

@LtlBear

Glad to know the printer is working fine now. Keep us posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.