Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
477 Pro dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have updated 3 out of 4 printers on our network.

The last one is stuck with this message "A problem has occured with one of the printer's critical system files.  A printer update will be installed to fix this problem"

I can't do anything on the screen or trying to reflash the firmware.

Is there any solution available please ?

Thanks

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I've searched a bit and finally i managed to make it work...

I've used an USB stick formatted with FAT32 and I've pasted 2 files on it (no idea which was the right one !)

HP_LaserJet_MPF_M477_M377_Series_FW_20190113.rfu

maverickdw_dist_pp1_001.1908C_nonassert_appsigned_lbi_rootfs_secure_signed.ful2

Once inserted, an upload message appeared automatically and it has updated the firmware

The printer is fully working right now 😄

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I've searched a bit and finally i managed to make it work...

I've used an USB stick formatted with FAT32 and I've pasted 2 files on it (no idea which was the right one !)

HP_LaserJet_MPF_M477_M377_Series_FW_20190113.rfu

maverickdw_dist_pp1_001.1908C_nonassert_appsigned_lbi_rootfs_secure_signed.ful2

Once inserted, an upload message appeared automatically and it has updated the firmware

The printer is fully working right now 😄

HP Recommended

On pagewide units likely the FUL file would be the correct one.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

The .ful2 file is the correct firmware update file for this PageWide Pro device.  The .rfu file is for a LaserJet device (as the filename suggests), and it is also for use with Webjet Admin, not for use directly with the device via a usb flash drive.

Kent G.
HP Retired, however my posts and replies are my own, not HP's.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Give it a Kudos!
HP Recommended

USB flashdrive firmware (control panel menu) update from a touchscreen control panel HP LaserJet printers.

Use the following procedure to perform a USB flashdrive firmware(control panel menu) update from a touchscreen control panel.

Copy the .bdl file to a portable USB flashdrive.

Turn the printer on, and then wait until it reaches the Ready state.

From the Home screen on the printer control panel, scroll to and touch the Device Maintenance button (FutureSmart 3), or scroll to and touch the Support Tools button (FutureSmart 4).

Open the Maintenance menu (FutureSmart 4).

Touch the USB Firmware Upgrade button.

Insert the USB flashdrive with the .bdl fileon it into the USB port on the printer.

Touch the .bdl file,and then touch the Upgrade button.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.