Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet pro 6970
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hola, ¿como están? mi impresora de un día para otro dejo de imprimir. Me marca un error en la pantalla que dice: "retire e instale de nuevo el cartucho indicado, asegúrese de que este bien instalado" me marca un error en todos los cartuchos. Son cartuchos que tengo hace un año, son recargables, se que no son originales, pero es posible volver al firmware anterior, ya que un día se corto la luz y se actualizo sola, y los cartuchos originales son muy caros, y no puedo pagarlos. Espero una respuesta. saludos, Mauro

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hey MauroMartin01 😁

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We advise you to post your question in English to insure a quick response for the Community.This can also help other users to take advantage of your post, in the case they have the same question.

Or, if you prefer, you can visit the HP Support website (https://support.hp.com/us-en?openCLC=true), to find the support channel for your region.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

MarcusC

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hello. How are they? My printer from one day to the next stopped printing. I get an error on the screen that says: "remove and install the new indicated cartridge, make sure it is properly installed", it shows an error in all the cartridges. They are cartridges that I have a year ago, they are rechargeable, I know they are not original, but it is possible to go back to the previous firmware, since it is one day the power went out and it updated itself, and the original cartridges are very expensive, and I cannot pay . I wait an answer. greetings, Mauro

HP Recommended

@MauroMartin01

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This document should you help you this: https://support.hp.com/ro-en/product/HP-Officejet-Pro-6830-e-All-in-One-printerserie/5390307/documen...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi how are you? and if my printer was manufactured on December 1, 2016 or later, dynamic security is still functional with this update. There will not be a new update for these printers, to deactivate the dynamic security, or is there some way to deactivate it, since it is the only printer I have and I have to print a lot, but the original cartridges are very expensive, that's why I have refillable cartridges . please I need a solution. I hope you are well, greetings

HP Recommended

Did you go through the link I posted?

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

yes, I read it, and it says that for printers released after a date the cartridge security is not updated. I did the update as it says in the post but the error in the cartridges continues to jump

HP Recommended

Then the cartridges might be defective. If you've another set of cartridges do try that. If you haven't used the cartridges from an year, they would've dried up.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, I used the printer every day. I need to go back to the 1910A firmware as my cartridges worked with that firmware. When updating the printer, these cartridges are not compatible, since they have another version of the chip. please i need to go back to firmware 1910A

HP Recommended

The document I shared is the only way you can. If that didn't work, I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.