Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
LASERJET PRO MFPM128fw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I tried updating firmware for my printer. The update says completed . But the firmware datecode in my printer and configuration page stays on the preview firmware datecode.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @987RAM ,
Welcome to the HP Support Community!

@987RAM wrote:

the firmware datecode in my printer and configuration page stays on the preview firmware datecode.

upload configuration page here, click on the icon "Insert photos", "Set format = Large", original size at least 200 KB.
But before you must remove or delete the personal data and printer serial number on the printout.

Regards
Andr-1611

I'm not an employee of HP, I'm as volunteer here.

Inquiries via private messages (PM) cannot be answered.
HP Recommended

16381074691774179711076615867468.jpg

HP Recommended

I now have a problem with your FW!
This FW with the date code: 20200531 does not exist at HP!

Spoiler
HP LaserJet Pro M127 M128 Series Firmware Enhancements and Fix List for datecode 20201103
  • Update certificate to maintain a secure connection to HP Cloud.
HP LaserJet Pro M127 M128 Series Firmware Enhancements and Fix List for datecode 20200602
  • Contains all previous fix
  • Network component update
HP LaserJet Pro M127 M128 Series Firmware Enhancements and Fix List for datecode 20190524
  • Minor change to comply with energy regulatory requirement.
HP LaserJet Pro M127 M128 Series Firmware Enhancements and Fix List for datecode 20180208
  • For Wireless bundles only - Corrected vulnerabilities, including CVE-2017-13077/CVE-2017-13078/CVE-2017-13079/CVE-2017-13080/CVE-2017-9765/CVE-2017-13081/CVE-2017-13082/CVE-2017-13084/CVE-2017-13086/CVE-2017-13087/CVE-2017-13088.
HP LaserJet Pro M127 M128 Series Firmware Enhancements and Fix List for datecode 20160926
  • Fixed an issue where the HP Toner Cartridge Authentication program cannot verify the cartridge, or falsely reports non-Genuine cartridges that were manufactured since 2016.

Try the FW update, with the date code 20201012, with a USB connection!

Do you have any problem with the printer?
If not, then do without it. You should not change a running system!

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Andr-1611

If my post resolved your problem please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Or click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

HP Recommended

Thats the issue , I tried updating the FW With the datecode 20201012 from the hp website. Everytime time I update it shows update completed, but when i print the configuration page. It shows the datecode 20200532. I bought the printer last week through hp website. 

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your feedback.

If you have no problems with the printer, then forget about the FW update.

Never change a running system!

Regards
Andr-1611

HP Recommended

I cannot enable HP WEB SERVICES . I asked tech support through phonecall they told me to update the firmware. When I tried updating the FW , I'm facing these problems. 

HP Recommended

Read Turning Off Web Services then follow these instructions Set Up an HP Smart Website Account 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Andr-1611

If my post resolved your problem please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Or click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.