Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2732 All-in-One Printer

Need to reset my administrative password.  Forgot the one I had.  Tried reinstalling software, but didn't work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Mjag01,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If you have forgotten the administrative password for your HP Deskjet 2732 printer, you can reset it by following these steps.

1. Turn on your printer and make sure it is connected to a network.
  2. Open a web browser on your computer and enter your printer's IP address into the address bar. If you do not know your printer's IP address, you can find it by printing a network configuration page from the printer.
  3. When prompted, enter the current administrative username and password for the printer. If you do not know the current username and password, try using the default username and password for HP printers, which is "admin" for both the username and password.
  4. Once you have logged in, look for the "Settings" or "Security" menu and select "Factory Reset" or "Restore Defaults."
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to reset the printer to its factory settings. This will erase all settings and passwords, including the administrative password.
  6. Once the printer has finished resetting, log in again using the default username and password.

Note: Resetting the printer to its factory settings will also erase any custom settings and configurations you have made, so you will need to set those up again after the reset.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Mjag01,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If you have forgotten the administrative password for your HP Deskjet 2732 printer, you can reset it by following these steps.

1. Turn on your printer and make sure it is connected to a network.
  2. Open a web browser on your computer and enter your printer's IP address into the address bar. If you do not know your printer's IP address, you can find it by printing a network configuration page from the printer.
  3. When prompted, enter the current administrative username and password for the printer. If you do not know the current username and password, try using the default username and password for HP printers, which is "admin" for both the username and password.
  4. Once you have logged in, look for the "Settings" or "Security" menu and select "Factory Reset" or "Restore Defaults."
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to reset the printer to its factory settings. This will erase all settings and passwords, including the administrative password.
  6. Once the printer has finished resetting, log in again using the default username and password.

Note: Resetting the printer to its factory settings will also erase any custom settings and configurations you have made, so you will need to set those up again after the reset.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Solution did not work for me.  Still locked out.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.