Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-bs1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Full feature software installed for this printer on old laptop and on desktop. However, now, I click on Full Feature Download, but only Basic software installs. What is going on??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,
Make sure the Automatic Duplexing option is enabled:

Enter Control Panel > Devices and Printers.
Right click the printer icon, then click Printer Properties.
Click the Device Settings tab.
Set the Automatic Two-Sided Duplex Accessory as installed and click OK to save the change.

Now Automatic Duplexing should become available.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

The HP Officejet 4650 Basic Device Software is supplied, the HP Full Feature software adds some additional software components - Read IRIS OCR and HP Photo Creations.

What feature are you looking for and cannot locate?

HP Recommended

The printer is auto duplex. On the other computers, when software downloaded and installed, I can select "Print on 2 sides" and it will do it automatically. Now, only option for 2-sided printing is Manually. What happened to the auto duplexing??

HP Recommended

Hi,
Make sure the Automatic Duplexing option is enabled:

Enter Control Panel > Devices and Printers.
Right click the printer icon, then click Printer Properties.
Click the Device Settings tab.
Set the Automatic Two-Sided Duplex Accessory as installed and click OK to save the change.

Now Automatic Duplexing should become available.

Regards,
Shlomi

HP Recommended

So, the full features will not install on new desktop either. I did like you said. Shows Automatic Duplex Installed, I click Apply and then click OK. However, it does not stay that way. Close out of printer properties, open back up and same old way.  Auto Duplex goes back to Not installed. What is going on???  Same printer, just different computers.

My other 4650 works fine on old laptop with Win7. This other worked fine on old desktop with Win10, but will not hold auto duplex settings on the new laptop or new desktop. Both HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.