Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Designjet 500
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am trying to install a firmware update as I was having problems with printheads. I get an error when connected via USB that no queue is installed and to please install queue....TIA.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Same problem here. Uninstalled and reinstalled driver but no change.

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem here, on Windows 10 64 bit. When i try to install the firmware update i get the queue not installed error. Please help.

HP Recommended

I also get the "queue not installed" error on both Windows 10 x64 and Windows 8.1 x64. Tried different drivers, set the USB device as my default,etc. all to no avail. 

HP Recommended

Same problem here!

On Windows 7 32bits

HP Recommended

Hi,

Although the answer came in late, but just in case you haven't get the solution. HP has uploaded a newer fw with the fix of this problem, just re-download the latest version and it won't happen with same problem.

HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads 

Hope it helps.

Although I am HP Employee
I am speaking for myself and not for HP

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping! .
If my post help resolve your issue, please mark as "RESOLVED"
HP Recommended

Sorry to say... But we 've already bought a new printer. An Epson one.

We 've been without a printer for months, couldn't wait for HP to help.

Having another issue with HP with a NEW computer we 've bought too, decided that I will not buy another HP product again fot a long time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.