Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2050 J510
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello, I have an ASUS PRO5DI notebook which I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 32-bit. Since then, my printing function doesn't work properly, and the scanner does not work at all. I have the HP SmartScan and the HP doctor app ( both didn't work) and I already uninstalled the actual driver.

I tried to install the driver DJ2050_J510_1313-1.exe from here, but it says it only does work up to Windows 7. Can anyone help me (I am from Germany and my mother tongue is German)? I also cannot uninstall the old software from the previous HP CD from when I bought the printer.

Best regards

Ram

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Ramo2

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the printing issue.

Download and install HP Print and Scan Doctor, it is a Windows tool to fix printer issues. 

If the issue still persists, try re-installing the printer driver -

1. In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".

2. Look for HP Printer software.

3. Right-click to uninstall.

4. In the search box, type and open “Devices and printers”.

5. In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.

6. Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 

7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).

8. Click on the "Drivers" tab.

9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.

10. Select Ok.

11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.

12. Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.

13. Restart the computer.

14. Download and install the software and drivers from here for Windows 10 (32-bit).

15. Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions. 

You may also try these steps - HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Asmita and thanks for your help! Before I asked for help here, I already did have the HP Print & Scan Doctor and I couldn't delete the previous HP installing program (maybe that was why the installing of the driver for Windows 10 didn't work). As your answer took a few days and I didn't know wether or not someone will anyhow answer, I completely resetted my computer with deleting all the data in it.

I have reinstalled both the HP print and scan doctor and the software for Windows 10 32-bit. As I resetted my PC and deleted everything in it, I don't know if it is useful to try these steps you just suggested. Because now, when I try to start a print, no reaction comes from my printer and I only get an error message on the sidebar at my screen.

HP Recommended

Edit: @Asmita6685 Now I restarted my computer, and at the beginning, I get another error message on the side bar which says the installation of the software is not finished. When I click on it, it says that I shall put my software CD inside, but the original CD is from 2010 and it does only work up to Windows 7.

Otherwise, when I open the HP print and scan doctor, it says all is fine, but it can't do a test print (the error message comes when I wait a few minutes). When It gets to scanning problems, it says I haven't the actual software for the printer.

For now, I can only print when I open the HP printing software (there  I can do the testing prints etc.). When I try to print elsewhere than in the HP printing software, the printer doesn't react and that unknown error message is coming after a few minutes.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.