Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
DeskJet 2600 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've got a DeskJet 2600 series printer and lost EWS password. Is there a way to reset that password? Also I've tried to do a factory reset but sadly can't find any info how to do it 😕

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@NekoDragon

Thank you for joining HP Forums.

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

As I understand, you wish to reset EWS Password, 

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

When was the last time it worked fine?

Were there any hardware/software changes made?

Have you performed a Reset on your printer?

I have few steps which could resolve the issue: 

Restore network defaults: 

● Press and hold the Wireless button and the Cancel button from the printer control panel together for three seconds.

Follow one of the methods to reconnect the printer to network: 

Push Button Configuration (PBC) method

1. Press and hold the Wireless button on the printer for more than three seconds to start WPS push mode. The Wireless light starts blinking.

2. Press the WPS button on your router.

NOTE: The product begins a timer for approximately two minutes while a wireless connection is established.

If the printer connects successfully, the blue Wireless light stops blinking and remains on.

To use the PIN method

1. Press the Wireless button and Information button at the same time to print the network configuration page, and then locate a WPS PIN.

2. Press and hold the Wireless button from the printer control panel for more than three seconds. The wireless light starts blinking.

3. Open the configuration utility or software for the wireless router or wireless access point, and then enter the WPS PIN.

NOTE: For more information about using the configuration utility, see the documentation provided with the router or wireless access point.

Wait for about two minutes. If the printer connects successfully, the blue Wireless light stops blinking and remains on.

Wireless Printer Setup (Windows): Click the link and follow steps: https://hp.care/2ICw7Ae

Changing from a USB to a Wireless Connection: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2ICw7QK

Then try login into EWS page 🙂

Let me know 🙂

Cheers 🙂​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

HP Recommended

I can access EWS without problems. The problem is that I've set up an admin password there and forgot it. 😕 So is there any way to reset the printer to factory settings to remove my EWS password?

HP Recommended

@NekoDragon

Thanks for replying 🙂

I understand you forgot EWS password and to fix the issue, you need to perform restore network default and reconnect the printer to a network

If the issue persists, I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Please check your forum private message box next to the bell notification icon on the upper right-hand corner for a private message from me for further assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.