Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Come on HP, fix this problem for god's sake.

All the "solutions" you have provided are worthless. This problem is affecting everyone. My printer is essentially unusable now and you cannot imagine how this slows down my work.

You are a company that is required by law to update your software so that it operates on current systems. The current system is Windows 10 Pro with Creator's Update.

If it broke something in your driver, you SHOULD UPDATE your driver.

You are almost mocking us paying customers with your obvious solutions. You seriously think we are so stupid and have not tried the solutions you posted?

The last driver update was in February 2017, a WHOLE 7 months ago! It is time for an update, ESPECIALLY after Windows 10 updates have introduced some conflicts. How can you let your customers down like this?

At this rate you are encouraging customers to go and buy printers from competitots. I have to say I am shocked at the response we are getting for this problem that has made our printers unusable...

HP Recommended

I am runing windows 10 and also get the message Driver Unavailable. The HP Support is pathetic. I have even been on live chat and they just ran the same steps that the help pages tell us to do. I still have a brand new printer I cannot use.

How can they sell a printer that does not work with current common software ? And then have no easily fixable solution and rely on the owners to go to forums to sort the problems out for themselves.

I am no IT expert and half of the solutions I do not even understand.

My printer tells me I am successfully installed and is working fine, Network all checked and working  - it is just the driver issue which seems VERY common.

Come on HP sort this out PLEASE or at least give a telephone helpline for things like this. I have now wasted about 7 hours trying to get the printer working and it is still not. Totally unacceptable

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.