Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 5264
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

My friend just bought a New Apple iMac but cannot install her HP DeskJet 5264 as Apple does not have the driver, and HP does not support this printer on Mac OS-X 10,13. Does anyone know of a "work around" so that she can use her HP DeskJet on her new iMac? She is not too tech savy so I am helping her on this matter. Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Joe Murdock

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found a "zip" file that allowed me to finish the install.  It was indeed a "HP OfficeJet 5264 printer" .

Also found that I can use a "CUPS" driver on a MAC.

Thanks,

Joe Murdock

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi Joe,

Could you please clarify the printer model or its model number?

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c03770424

HP do not have any such Deskjet printer..

May you refer to the HP OfficeJet 5264 printer by any chance?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I found a "zip" file that allowed me to finish the install.  It was indeed a "HP OfficeJet 5264 printer" .

Also found that I can use a "CUPS" driver on a MAC.

Thanks,

Joe Murdock

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.