Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have a running installation of HP Deskjet 2622 on my Ubuntu 20.04 LTS PC. Printing works fine. However, the Scanner does NOT! Every time I try to scan a document, I get the error message: "Failed to Scan. Unable to connect to scanner." Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

To recreate this error on an Ubuntu 20.04 system, 1. Switch on the printer and click on 'Activities' in the top left corner of the screen. 2. Enter 'Document Scanner' in the Search box after you click on 'Activities' 3. Click on the 'Document Scanner' icon that appears below the Search box to open it. 4. Place the document you wish to scan upside down on the printer's top glass and close the lid 5. Click on the 'Scan' icon in the Document Scanner window. 

I use a mobile broadband (wireless) subscription and TP-Link router to connect to the Internet.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.