Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 4155e

Starting within a few days of the warranty expiring, I cannot connect my Deskjet 4155e to the wifi. I have tried all the virtual assistant suggestions. The HP Smart app does not find it from either my Win 10 PC or my Android phone. The blue wifi light is blinking along with an orange light to the right of the screen. On the screen, the following icons are blinking: the instant ink icon, the error icon (!), and both ink level indicators.

I have not been able to print the network information from the printer. I've tried holding the information and wifi buttons, but nothing happens. I was able to print the Printer Information Page, but that doesn't have the IP address.

Please let me know how I can resolve this. The printer printed clearly when I printed the information page, so clearly the printing hardware still works. I really hope this isn't unusable!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Joe55082,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're encountering some connectivity issues with your HP Deskjet 4155e printer. Let's try some troubleshooting steps to get it connected to your Wi-Fi network.

• Restart your Printer: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve connectivity issues. Turn off your printer, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
  • Check Wi-Fi Signal: Ensure that your printer is within range of your Wi-Fi router and that the Wi-Fi signal is strong enough for the printer to connect.
  • Reset Network Settings: You can try resetting the network settings on your printer to default. To do this, you usually need to press and hold the Wireless and Cancel buttons or the Wi-Fi and Information buttons simultaneously for about 5 seconds until the network status light starts blinking.
  • Verify Wi-Fi Credentials: Double-check the Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and password you're entering during the setup process to make sure they are correct. Even a small typo can prevent the printer from connecting.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer. Sometimes, updating the firmware can resolve connectivity issues and improve performance.
  • Reinstall HP Smart App: If you're using the HP Smart app for setup, try uninstalling and reinstalling it on your Windows 10 PC or Android phone to ensure you have the latest version.
  • Manual Connection Setup: If automatic setup isn't working, you can try manually connecting your printer to your Wi-Fi network. This usually involves accessing the printer's settings through its control panel and entering the Wi-Fi network information manually.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the connectivity issues with your HP Deskjet 4155e printer.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

I have tried all those stroubleshooting steps except:

• Update Printer Firmware - I don't believe I do this if I cannot connect my computer or phone to the printer and the printer cannot connect to the network.
  • Manual Connection Setup - I don't believe I can do this with the Deskjet 4155e. There is no touch screen.

If I am incorrect about either of those points, please let me know. Otherwise, do you have any other steps I can try?

Thank you for your response.

HP Recommended

Hi @Joe55082,

Thank you for your response, 

This needs one-on-one interaction hence I'm sending a private message to assist you with the next action.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.