Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Laserjet 1020 plus
Other

I have recently updated my MacBook with OS Big Sur and after updating my printer is not working. I tried to install the driver but the drivers available are not suitable for the updated O.S. I tried Glutenprint but the same was of no use. Please suggest some good tips.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Let's try installing below drivers.

First, download below drivers to your Mac

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/ASU/HewlettPac...

Right-click (or CTRL+Left Click) the file and press Open, then follow the installation.

Once completing the installation, power on the printer and connect it to your Mac, then open System Preferences > Printers & Scanners.

Select your printer and then click on Select Printer Software within the Use drop-down menu, from there select the HP Laserjet 1022 model, press Add and then check if you may print.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you!!!!! 

I've been trying to get this working for hours! HP Laserjet 1022 1.6.1 was the winning driver once I got the package to install. 

HP Recommended

I keep getting a block on my MAC saying that the computer cannot check if this is malicious, so I cannot open the driver

HP Recommended

HP LaserJet 1022 printer.. has stated causing problems since using OS Big Sur.... Last time I updated I had to go through all sorts of possibilities to get it running again… And eventually did although affectively it only did single sheets stopped and then started again for the next sheet. This time I can't even print a single sheet. I've tried following the link and it says that it can't be opened… So what can I do?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.