Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Only 1 blue bubble is filled when it was turned on. . I tried disconnecting  power and holding the on/off button.  I just can't get it to start up. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @JM605,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like your HP ENVY Photo 7855 printer is having some trouble starting up properly. Since you've already tried disconnecting the power and holding the power button, let's try a few more troubleshooting steps:

Check for Paper Jams: Sometimes, even a small piece of paper jammed in the printer can cause issues. Open up all the access doors and trays and check carefully for any paper jams.

Reset the Printer: Disconnect the power cord from the back of the printer while it is still turned on. Wait for about a minute, then plug the power cord back in. This process can sometimes reset the printer and resolve startup issues.

Check Ink Cartridges: Ensure that all ink cartridges are properly installed and seated in their respective slots. If any cartridge is low on ink or improperly installed, it could prevent the printer from starting up correctly.

Inspect for Hardware Issues: Look for any visible signs of damage or obstruction inside the printer, such as broken parts or debris. If you find any, you may need to contact HP support for further assistance or repair.

Update Firmware: If possible, check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer model. Sometimes, updating the firmware can resolve various issues.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help but after none of the fixes worked, I replaced my printer with a newer HP model.  The 7855 was getting old and served me well. We had a power hit recently and i think the printer's hardware was affected. I found a printer that uses the same cartridges.  I had a couple left over and they are expensive.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.